Wednesday, February 15, 2012

a lovely Valentines date.

One of my favorite things to do is to throw a big blanket on the floor and have a picnic in the living room/basement/anywhere with enough space. Matt and I wanted a special and low key Valentines date so I whipped up this yummy fettuccine recipe with broccoli and blackened chicken and some chocolate covered strawberries, popped open some Virgil's cream sodas, lit the candles, turned off the lights, and we had ourselves a romantic date in the living room! It was nice to be able to just sit down and connect, without a bunch of noise and strangers around us.






You don't need to go out to a fancy expensive restaurant (though that's fun too!) to have a nice date. You can celebrate love right at home. I love simple celebrations with my hubs. 

Oh, and this is what Ellie was up to while we had our romantic picnic date...

isn't she sweet?

Do you celebrate Valentines day? What did you do to celebrate love?



1 comment:

  1. Aw, what a fun little date! ;) Haha. I have to admit that's pretty funny what Ellie did! Your poor hair dryer!

    ReplyDelete