Friday, November 11, 2011

Isaiah 40:10-11

This morning I was reading my Bible and hit Isaiah 40. Verses 10 & 11 say 
"Behold, the Lord God comes with might, and his arm rules for him;
behold, his reward is with him, and his recompense before him.
He will tend his flock like a shepherd; he will gather the lambs in his arms; he will carry them in his bosom, and gently lead those that are with young."


I didn't know what recompense means, so I looked it up in the dictionary. It means to "compensate someone for damage, injury, and the like." 


When we go through struggles in this life, when our hearts are damaged and our souls hurt, we can be encouraged in knowing that God's word promises he will come back for us, and he's bringing our reward with him. 


I think that's pretty swell. 


xoxo.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, this is perfect for me today! I love Isaiah! It is so rich.

    ReplyDelete